Kevin Wang and I have gotten a new internal grant to determine how bioavailable “dissolved” phosphorus in aquaculture ponds really is. We think we might be over-estimating the actual amount of orthophosphate that is available for phytoplankton by using ~1um glass-fiber filters when processing samples.
I just got back from a nice trip to Qui Nhon, Vietnam, to present some of the lab’s research on algal blooms as part of a workshop on environmental pollution. This was my first long distance trip since covid and glad to have had the opportunity to meet scientists from around the world. Eating awesome Vietnamese food was a bonus. The beautiful dogs and cats were spectacular.